CHEMISTRY CLASS EXPECTIONS Mr. Pierno 2012-13
firstname.lastname@example.org ( If you are absent, contact Mr. P by e-mail and he will try to send you any HW assignments you missed )
1) Arrive on time. Enter quietly and be ready to work. Don't Interrupt. Be Polite.
2) Be Prepared with homework, notebook (binder), reference tables, pen or pencil.
3) No food or drink is allowed in the classroom. Turn off all cell phones and other electronic devices.
4) Hand in all assignments on time. If you are absent for a legal reason you must turn in any assignment as soon as you return to school. If you are absent for a test you must make it up the day you return to school.
1) Act in a responsible manner at all times in the laboratory. Follow all directions, written or verbal. 2) ALWAYS WEAR GOGGLES AND APRON. Tie back long hair.
NO HATS ALLOWED IN THE LAB.
3) No excessive noise. Remain at your lab station except to get materials. Pay attention and be alert for danger.
4) Make sure your lab station is clean when you are finished.
5) If you are absent any lab must be made up within one week of your return to school. You may have to stay after school to make up a lab.
45% Tests Quizzes 25 % Lab Reports 15% Homework 15 %
1200 Minutes of laboratory work must be performed to be eligible to take the regents exam. Written lab reports documenting this work are required by the state.